The totally redesigned Firefox 4 was launched on 23rd March, 2010 and some of you may be giving it a try. I hope you are liking the new version of Firefox that has come up with great speed enhancements, new and minimal looks, pin-up your favorite web apps like Windows 7, panaroma view of your tab pages to battle tab clutter, do not track features to block your browsing behaviors and much more. Personally, I like Firefox 4 because of its minimal look and speed but I founded few quirks that annoyed me while using Firefox such as Google search box, blurry fonts and others.
But, I founded some easy tweaks to fix those annoyances that many of users facing with the new look of Firefox 4. You can find our previous post where we have showed 5 super easy tweaks to fix Firefox 4 user interface annoyances that will make your working experience much better with the new version of Firefox.
Ok, you are done with the tweaks that I have shared in the previous post but now there is one other problem i.e. add-ons compatibility issue with Firefox 4. If you know that whenever a new version of Firefox comes most of the previous add-ons don’t work with the latest versions. That’t the same issue with the Firefox 4 – some of the previous add-ons updated with Firefox 4 while some add-ons I have to left behind.
But, there are many other greatFirefox 4 add-ons that are so amazing you can think of replacing with the old ones. So, in this post, I have removed those add-ons that are now incompatible with Firefox 4 and came up with a fresh collection adding couple of new add-ons that works great with Firefox 4.
If you too downloaded Firefox 4 and looking for some cool add-ons for it, you should end your search here. Hit the jump and have a look on WebTabLab’s compilation of 30 amazing add-ons that works great with Firefox 4.
1. Adblock Plus : Annoyed by adverts? Troubled by tracking? Bothered by banners? Install Adblock Plus now to regain control of the internet and change the way that you view the web.
2. Barlesque : Barlesque is an extension for Mozilla Firefox 4.x that reclaims useful window space by collapsing the wide grey add-on bar into a neat set of add-on buttons. This extension is Firefox 4.x-only, as add-on bar is a new feature.
3. Status-4-Evar : That status bar was removed in Firefox 4.0. While some of the status bar items did find new homes, some did not, and you might not like where they ended up. Status-4-Evar aims to bring back (some of) the old status bar items, give you more control over the built-in Firefox features, and provide new alternatives.
4. Tab Scope : Shows a popup on tabs and enables you to preview and navigate tab contents through popup.
5. Better Gmail 2 : Add useful extra features to Gmail, like hierarchical labels, an unread message icon on your browser tab, file attachment icons, and more. Better Gmail 2 compiles the best Greasemonkey user scripts for Gmail into a single package.
6. Personal Menu (Personal Firefox Button) : Personalize Firefox Button in Firefox 4 and change it to your personal and powerful one! Create your personalized menu to replace Menu Bar in Firefox 4.
7. Movable Firefox Button : After install, Firefox Button will be placed in Tab Bar in default. You may move it with “View –> Toolbars –> Customize…”. Firefox Button will be available in Full Screen Mode if you place it in Navigation Toolbar or Tab Bar.
8. Awesome Screenshot – Capture & Annotate : Capture the whole page or any portion, annotate it with rectangles, circles, arrows, lines and text, blur sensitive info, one-click upload to share.
9. Download Statusbar : View and manage downloads from a tidy statusbar – without the download window getting in the way of your web browsing.
10. Tab Badge : Adds a small badge to your tabs to alert you to (for example) new messages on Facebook or a timeline in Twitter. The badge is also visible when the tabs are pinned so you can see when there’s something new available.
11. Anti-Aliasing Tuner : The most important add-on to fix the blurry fonts issue in Firefox 4.
12. FoxySpider : FoxySpider is your personal web crawler! It can crawl into a given web site and retrieve what you really want (video clips, images, music files, etc.). FoxySpider displays the located items in a well-structured thumbnail gallery for ease of use.
13. Gmail Manager : The original Gmail notifier for multiple accounts. Allows you to receive new mail notifications along with viewing account details including unread messages, saved drafts, spam messages, labels with new mail, space used, and new mail snippets.
14. Vertical Toolbar : Vertical Toolbar is a Firefox extension which adds a vertical toolbar at the edge of the window. Major features are: Add vertical toolbar at the edge of the window, automatically hide the vertical toolbar and much more.
15. F1 by Mozilla Labs : F1 is a browser extension that allows you to share links in a fast and fun way. Share links from within the browser, from any webpage, using the same services you already know and love.
16. KwiClick : KwiClick enhances the way you interact with content from your favorite services. It delivers search results from your favorite sites directly to you, so there is no need to open new tabs or go back and forth between pages.
17. LastPass Password Manager : LastPass is a free online password manager and Form Filler that makes your web browsing easier and more secure. LastPass supports IE and Firefox as Plugins (Opera, Safari, Chrome, iPhone, Opera Mini via Bookmarklets), allows you to import from every major password storage vendor and export too, captures passwords that other managers won’t including many AJAX forms, and allows you to make strong passwords easily.
18. DragIt : Many standard things one has to do while browsing are well hidden in the menu structure. Saving an image to disk requires opening the context menu, finding the corresponding save entry, selecting a directory and finally a name.
This is where DragIt helps out. Save text and images to preconfigured folders, search the web, open links in tabs or with extern applications, download and much more with just a mouse gesture.
19. Firefox 4 UI Fixer : Change location of Status Bar Icons, Firefox Menu Button and Menu Bar and more.
20. Quickfox Notes : QuickFox Notes is a multi-tab note taking add-on for Firefox that uses the integrated bookmarks system or a single sqlite database to store notes. Consequently, XMarks, Dropbox, or any other software can be employed to sync notes!
21. Read It Later : Save pages to read later with just one click. When you have time, access your reading list from any computer or phone, even without an internet connection!
22. Mozilla Labs – Prospector – Home Dash : This restartless add-on removes the usual location bar, search bar, and tabs to give the whole window to the web content. It provides the search functionality in a dashboard to find your top sites, tabs, history, and do web search.
23. Thumbnail Zoom : The addon shows a floating panel with the full size of a thumbnail, when hovering over an image or thumbnail from the following sites: Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Amazon, Picasa, Flickr, LinkedIn, Hi5, Twitpic, deviantART, PhotoBucket, Tagged, Last.fm, Wikipedia, YouTube, DailyMile and Google Images.
24. Shareaholic : Shareaholic is the easiest way to share interesting links using Facebook, Twitter, Google Mail, Reader, Bookmarks, Evernote, Bitly, StumbleUpon, and more… from one simple ALL-IN-ONE add-on. This is the ultimate tool for the link sharing addict!
25. Mozilla Labs – Prospector – Find Suggest : Easily see if the page will contain the word that you’re currently typing. This lets you stop typing earlier if it won’t be found, or you can click one of the suggestions to have the rest of the word completed and searched immediately.
26. Apture Highlights : Highlight a phrase to get instant background information from Wikipedia, YouTube, Twitter, and more without leaving the page.
27. After the Deadline : After the Deadline is an intelligent grammar, style, and spell checker. It works with most web sites. Use it to check your tweets, find mistakes in your email, and socialize with confidence. Click the ABC icon in the lower-right corner of an editable area to proofread your writing.
28. Web Developer : The Web Developer extension adds various web developer tools to a browser.
29. TabGroups Menu : This addon adds a menu showing all tabs grouped by tabgroups (panorama/tabcandy groups) to the menubar and to the tabview (panorama) button (for those who have the menubar hidden).
30. Mozilla Labs – Prospector – Query Stats : A simple restartless add-on that displays information about your search behavior that deactivates itself after running.
If you have any other favorite Firefox 4 add-ons, be kind and share with us in the comments section below.
If you liked this article, you may also like
Leave a comment
Get Latest Updates
VoIP Services for Businesses
In today's market business owners find themselves making very important decisions. With countless Voip phone service providers it is essential to choose the best one. This has proven to be a difficult task and for that reason it is important to learn about business phone systems and what they have to offer. Understand your requirements may they be a answering service, an internet fax or a 1800 number then choose a package that suits your business best.