If you are a regular Internet user, you must have come across various browsers in the past that you like to and use to surf your favorites websites. Some of most popular browsers in recent times are Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Opera. There are many other browsers too but most of them are not widely used and not available for every OS platform.
All these browsers are great but Chrome is the one that is gaining huge response these days among normal and power users because of its ultimate range of add-ons/extensions availability and its innovative experimental features in Chrome Labs.
Many of you already know what I am talking about here by saying Chrome Labs but for those who don’t know about Chrome Labs : it is library of some great experimental or advanced features that you enable to enhance the power of Google Chrome browser.
So, in this article, I am trying to discover some of the great experimental features that you can enable in Google Chrome’s Labs to make your browser more productive and easy to use than before. But, first – let me tell you how to enable experimental features in Chrome Labs.
How to enable experimental features in Google Chrome’s Labs
1. Its very easy to enable these features in Chrome Labs by typing about:flags into Chrome’s address bar.
2. It will open up list of all features that are available for your operating system and Chrome built – just click on “Enable” Link and restart the browser. You recently enables feature will work after that.
After checking how to enable these experimental feature, its time to find out some of the best features that you can enable. Below, you will see the 7 amazing experimental features to enhance the power of Google Chrome browser.
Please note that it is not necessary that every Chrome Labs are available for Windows and Mac versions of Chrome. Some will be only for Windows while some work in Mac only and there are some features that work with both Mac and Windows.
7 amazing Chrome experimental features to enhance the power of Google Chrome browser
1. Tab Overview (Mac) : Swipe down with three fingers on your trackpad to see an overview of all your tabs. It will display all tabs thumbnails, just click on any one and you will be on that tab. Works extremely great in fullscreen mode. Click on a thumbnail to select it. Works great in fullscreen mode.
Please keep in mind that it will not work with Apple’s Magic Mouse due to some bug in this experimental feature.
2. Print Preview (Windows, Mac) : If you have noticed while using standard Chrome, it lacks the feature of print preview option with in the browser. However, you can enable this feature in Chrome Labs. Now, when you want to print any page, this feature will allow you to see print preview within the tab what the page will look like before printing. This function is already built into Chromium and Canary.
3. Click To Play (Windows, Mac) : Earlier, this function was only available in Chrome dev and Canary builds but now it is available in regular Chrome as well. This Lab will enable an option in Chrome plug-in settings to play on demand such as YouTube videos, music, etc. This feature is really useful when some plug-ins play automatically that is very annoying to many of you.
4. Side Tabs (Windows) : One of the oldest Chrome Labs and still very useful for Windows. It will allow you to move tabs to the side saving useful vertical real state space by enabling this lab.
5. Focus Existing Tab On Open (Windows, Mac) : When you open more than 3 or 4 tabs, it happens sometimes that you open a site more than once and did not realize it. This lab will allow you to prevent duplicate tab opening by focusing on open tab that contains same URL that you are trying rather than opening the website.
6. Compact navigation (Windows) : This lab is useful for those who want more space in their space. It hides the Chrome Omnibar and allow you to work more freely in Chrome.
7. Block all third parties cookies (Windows, Mac) : When the option to block third-party cookies from being set is enabled, also block third-party cookies from being read.
These are some of the Google Chrome Labs that we really loved and using on regular basis. If you know any other Chrome labs that you use quite often, do tell us in the comments section below.
If you liked this article, you may also like
Leave a comment
Get Latest Updates
VoIP Services for Businesses
In today's market business owners find themselves making very important decisions. With countless Voip phone service providers it is essential to choose the best one. This has proven to be a difficult task and for that reason it is important to learn about business phone systems and what they have to offer. Understand your requirements may they be a answering service, an internet fax or a 1800 number then choose a package that suits your business best.