The year 1976 brought revolution in the world consumer technology. Many of you out there surely know what was the great thing about the year, right? For all those who don’t have even the slightest idea, lemme tell you that the brand name that rules the tech world, took the first step in the year 1976. The world renowned company Apple was launched which over the years have risen high. The article here is truly dedicated to the CEO and co-founder of Apple. Steve Jobs (Steven Paul Jobs)! Who doesn’t know about the ingenious person who has stolen the hearts of millions with the amazing techie stuff! Just yesterday (24th February) was his 56th birthday that gave me the idea to devote an article to him talking about his success story.
Pardon me for coming up with this a day after his birthday. Steve was the child of unwed girl who gave him up for adoption. He dropped out of college, slept on floors of his friends’ rooms, returned coke bottles for money and bought himself food, was fired from his own company, was diagnosed with cancer and much more. Steve succeeded in his ventures all because of his hardwork, immense dedication and true devotion.
In the above paragraph I have jotted down the journey of Steve’s life in short that indeed doesn’t do the real justice. Does it? Well, if you’re curious enough to know about Steve’s life in detail without having to read to an essay like article then here I have jotted down his life stories in points along with the pictures, videos and some cool quotes by him. Steve Jobs is the CEO of Apple Computer and the brain behind the iPods, the iPads and the iPhones; the gadgets that are most loved by geeky freaks today. The creative mind and business brilliance has led to legendary hardware and software achievements over the years and today this genius is loved for all he had offered to let geeky freaks enjoy the best of technology.
Steve’s Personal Life :
Steve Jobs was born in San Francisco and was adopted by Paul and Clara Jobs. He grew up in the apricot orchards which later became known as Silicon Valley, where he still lives there with his family. Regular classes never interested Jobs and finally one day he planned to leave. After dropping from college, jobs joined auditing classes at Reed in calligraphy which interested him a lot. On March 18, 1991, Jobs married Laurene Powell. The couple has a son, Reed Paul Jobs, and two other children.
Steve’s professional work experience :
- Jobs first time in his life was hired by Hewlett-Packard Company in Palo Alto, California where he worked with Steve Wozniak.
- In 1976, Steve Jobs along with Steve Wozniak and Ronald Wayne founded ‘Apple’.
- At the end of year 1984, major deterioration occurred in Jobs’s working relationship with Sculley and at the end of May 1985 Sculley relieved Jobs of his duties as head of the Macintosh division.
- After being fired from the company that was co-founded by him, Jobs founded another computer company, NeXT Computer.
- In 1986, Jobs bought the Graphics Group which was later named as Pixar from Lucasfilm’s computer graphics division.
- In 1996, Apple bought NeXT for $429 million which led to Jobs rejoining ‘Apple’ the company he co-founded. He soon became Apple’s interim CEO.
- On January 24, 2006, Disney purchased Pixar in an all-stock transaction worth $7.4 billion and Jobs became The Walt Disney Company’s largest single shareholder with approximately 7% of the company’s stock.
Steve Jobs’ inventions include:
- The iPod, the iPhone, the iPad, the App Store, iTunes media store, Mac computers and iLife and iWork application suites, the iBookstore.
- The Macintosh computer with mouse-driven, graphical user interface, OS X operating system and consumer and professional applications software.
- Steve also co-founded Pixar Animation Studios which produced Toy Story, the first fully-3D-animated feature film, A Bug’s Life, Monsters, Inc., Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Cars and Ratatouille.
- On merge up of Pixar with The Walt Disney Company in 2006, Steve became the member of Disney’s board of directors.
- NeXT-The computer platform development company specializing in the higher education and business markets.
- NeXTSTEP which evolved into Mac OS X.
- Upcoming iPhone 5 and iPad 2.
The list of Jobs’ inventions is endless. Quite possibly all are not included in the list above. I’m sure y’all would excuse me for putting the dot to the endless listing.
Steve’s fight with cancer :
In 2004, Jobs was diagnosed with a neuroendocrine tumor, a form of pancreatic cancer. He received a liver transplant in 2009. The news came in January 2011 that he would be taking a medical leave of absence, though he would remain CEO of Apple. He is currently on medical leave and is getting his treatment.
Change in Steve Jobs (Health issues)
Steve Jobs Life In Pictures :
Steve Jobs introduced Apple II in 1977
Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak-1975
Steve Job with John Sculley-1984
Steve Jobs at NeXt Inc 1993
Steve Jobs with iBook-1999
Steve Jobs with Power Mac G4 computer, the fastest personal computer in history claiming up to 200% faster than the fastest Pentium III-based PCs-1999
Steve Jobs with G4 Powerbook-2000
Steve Jobs with iMac-2002
Steve Jobs unveils the first Apple mini-store, in Palo Alto, Calif.-2004
Steve Jobs with 30 inch flat panel display-2004
Steve Jobs with new iPod Mini-2004 Macworld Conference and Expo in San Francisco.
Steve Jobs with Mac Mini-2005
Steve Jobs announcing the selling about one billionth songs on iTune 2006
Steve Jobs announcing video downloads-2006
Steve Jobs with iPhone-2007
Steve Jobs with new iPhone 2010
Steve Jobs in videos:
Indeed there are innumerable videos of Steve Jobs available but here is his one of the most awesome inspirational speeches. Addressing the Stanford students at the commencement, he shared three stories from his life. Steve is one greatest source of people who wish to follow their heart but fear the society. No doubt the whole speech was inspirational but one of the best line was-You have to trust that all the dots will connect with time. We just need to have faith and follow our hearts.
Steve Jobs’ Selected Quotes :
“It’s rare that you see an artist in his 30s or 40s able to really contribute something amazing.”
“It comes from saying no to 1,000 things to make sure we don’t get on the wrong track or try to do too much.”
“Do you want to spend the rest of your life selling sugared water or do you want a chance to change the world?”
“I didn’t see it then, but it turned out that getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.” There are innumerable quotes by Steve Jobs but I have listed few that really made me feel good while reading them out”.
From personal life to the professional, I have tried to jot down the the whole lot of this ingenious person but the list is endless and words as they say are always less to describe the great personalities. Recently, Jobs was in news for taking a leave for health reasons and he is undergoing the medical treatment. We wish Steve good luck for his health! Wanna talk about Steve or share your views? Drop in the comments below.
If you liked this article, you may also like
Leave a comment
Get Latest Updates
VoIP Services for Businesses
In today's market business owners find themselves making very important decisions. With countless Voip phone service providers it is essential to choose the best one. This has proven to be a difficult task and for that reason it is important to learn about business phone systems and what they have to offer. Understand your requirements may they be a answering service, an internet fax or a 1800 number then choose a package that suits your business best.